- Reverse-engineer formal writing assignment goals, including thinking goals.
Give journal assignments for reading and for building “chaos” for content.
- Make transparent writing-to-learn sequenced scaffolding strategies in writing journals
The “chaos” is a series of writing-to-learn journal assignments that encourage critical thinking and builds possible content for a formal paper.
- Foster perspectival thinking to develop other points of view by way of reading
Bring primary texts together for reading, first for “bumping heads” and nuanced connection-making, and then triangulate for research purposes.
- Problem-pose as an approach to assignments for inclusive learning communities.
Organize small group work from sharing journals to peer review workshop.
- Engage with strategies all students in achievement-based programs.
Build transparent and collaborative community while working toward a formal paper assignment.